Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Sweetpea, new table & driveway mystery


Marci Gave Callie this Sweetpea and she's really been loving on it lately. The nurses called Callie 'Sweetpea' while we were in the hospital and the nickname kind of stuck, we also call her 'pooper' though...


Here is our new table! It's nice and high, which they call 'pub style' and we like it because:
1) It's black.
2) It has what they call a 'butterfly leave', it stores itself under the table so you no longer have to spread out throughout the house in search for the leave that Mom put somewhere, probably under something too heavy to be moved.
3) We got 2 barstools and 4 barstools with backs (apparently when you buy a table that's 'pub style', the chairs are called barstools no matter what style they are).
4) Getting down from the table is a lot easier than getting up from one.
5) It hides our useless fireplace perfectly!




I found a stapled piece of yellow paper in the driveway. It was a piece of granite inside an advertisment, who woulda thought? Of all the things I thought it could be, granite was not one of them. Clever.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Cara! I just wanted to say hi and that I really miss you! I hope your family is doing well! Your little one is getting so big! SO is my little man :)

luv ya
Mag

Anonymous said...

You could totally begin you granite collection now....woot!

I like the table... the first thing I noticed is that it is hiding a fireplace... a fireplace I wish I had!!!

Anonymous said...

hello my dear, how was your thanksgiving? Sean's family came for the week and helped us paint the kitchen and living room. So I am sorry to say that the farm scene wallpaper is gone... so sad. The house looks great though and we still love it despite the drive in through the snow! I love the new table, great choice! Your children look beautiful as always and it sounds like you are doing great. Say hi to Gareth and the little ones and give yourself a big squeeze from me! Miss you Cara.

Sincerely yours :0),

CrystAl